HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Thanksgiving...Christmas...now almost New Year's Day---it sure does go by fast, huh?
We've had a good bit of fun over the last month, but it's been busy, busy, busy! I've really enjoyed seeing family and friends. It's always great to see the kids so excited also :)
Thanksgiving was pretty relaxing. I cooked a good bit this year, but I love cooking, so no stress there. The rest of the day consisted of eating (WAY TOO MUCH) and relaxing. We went to my parents' house for Thanksgiving this year. It was a beautiful day so the kids were able to play outside for a while.
The weekend after Thanksgiving we helped my parents decorate their Christmas tree.
The kids got a little distracted after a while...
...but I was completely devoted to the cause ;)
We made our annual trip to the Christmas parade. It was pretty cold, but fun anyway. Hannah was excited about the pirate she saw on one of the floats (it reminded her of the one on Spongebob) and Kobe liked the skateboard tricks! And of course...who could forget seeing Santa and watching him light the big Christmas tree at the end of the parade!
We also went to the parade in Cedartown this year. The kids' favorite part about that was the hot chocolate that they got to drink!
Kobe had a school Christmas program the following week, but I wasn't able to get any good pictures of that.
We finally got our Christmas trees put up by the middle of the month. Instead of putting up the big tree, we just went with Kobe and Hannah's small trees.
After the presents were wrapped and placed around the trees, they weren't very visible, but it was a memory no matter what! (Hannah decided that Max needed to be wrapped up too. The silly cat enjoyed it more than she did!)
Kobe had a couple of birthday parties to go to that weekend and we weren't at church the following weekend because of traveling, so Hannah is the only one that I have a picture of in a Christmas outfit. Didn't she look so precious?!?!? (But remember...looks can be deceiving!)
The kids went to Albany to stay with Nana and Pops the weekend before Christmas while Curtis and I went to the beach. It was a little cold at the beach, but still beautiful weather. We did a lot of shopping and found some really great deals. I enjoyed walking on the beach. Don't you just love the little bird footprints in the sand?!?!? (Easily amused, I know!)
Then.......CHRISTMAS!!!
Christmas Eve was spent at my parents' house. We had a family gathering and then opened presents from my parents and brother after that. Kobe has been wanting a guitar for a long time, so he was thrilled when Kevin gave him one.
And once again---I was completely focused on everything!
I'm always getting caught!
We ended the night by preparing for Santa. Kobe wrote a letter for Santa and we baked some cookies (Hannah had already fallen asleep). We put everything out on the table (including carrots for the Santa's Reindeer) and Kobe got ready to go to sleep. Max found Santa's milk while I was putting Kobe to bed---Oops! He got on the table and drank Santa's milk...that's a double offense, so he didn't get any presents!
Christmas was lots of fun. We had breakfast at Grandmama's house and lunch at Poppa and Mawmaw's house. The kids got more presents than they needed and we ate way more than we should have. By mid-afternoon, we were exhausted.
So...
(are you noticing a trend here?!?!?)
Now we're looking forward to 2010. Hopefully the upcoming year will be full of love, happy moments, and dreams that come true :) HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Posted at 12/28/2009 | |