WE DO NOT STOP PLAYING BECAUSE WE GROW OLD; WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING.

Wow...where does time go?!?!? Over a month since the last post :( I really should do better.

We've had a good bit of fun lately. Kobe and I went on a field trip with his Kaleidoscope class in October. It was "Ghana Day" at Shorter College. The kids learned some African songs, made a mask, and did some other fun things. We really enjoyed it!





Kobe had more fun trying to wear the instruments on his head than he did playing them!!!


The kids and I finally carved our pumpkin the night before Halloween, which was cutting it close, but Kobe had been sick for the entire week leading up to it. Hannah didn't seem to have too much interest in carving the pumpkin. She dug out some of the insides, but had more fun taking pictures. Kobe drew the design and I did the cutting. I am an extremely talented pumpkin cutter---ha, ha! Just kidding!!! The kids didn't seem to mind my lack of talent though ;)






On Halloween, we started off the day by going to the Fall Festival at Kobe's school. We worked some and played some, and each of us had our grumpy moments, but we had a pretty good time over all. Kobe enjoyed getting his hair painted silver and Hannah liked the sand art.




Later that afternoon, we went trick-or-treating. Everyone had fun, but Kobe got tired pretty fast because he still wasn't completely over being sick. He went home early to rest while my mom, Kobe's friend, Hannah and I finished roaming the neighborhood. Hannah's legs were apparently not working right, so we ended up carrying her everywhere. It became my turn to carry her once we got to the street with the hill---just my luck!!! :)



Kobe was Dracula and Hannah was an angel. Such similar characters, huh? A match made in Heaven! (ha, ha---I didn't think about the whole angel/Heaven connection until I just typed that!)

The little angel fell asleep on the way back home. She didn't seem to notice that her wings were still on.



Another thing that we did recently was play in a gigantic pile of leaves. I only have a few of the pictures now, but I'll try to post more once I get them from my mom. Too much fun!!!




I'm sure I've missed some things, but it's getting late so I better wrap this up for tonight. I'll end with today's adventure...

Hannah got her first haircut today. Over the last month or two she has become more and more stubborn about letting anyone touch her hair. She screams when you try to dry it, brush it, or pull it up in a ponytail. So, I took that as the sign that it's time for it to be cut. She did pretty good for the most part. I had to let her sit in my lap and shove Smarties into her mouth the entire time, but it worked! She looks so grown up now (sniffle!) but it's really cute and she likes it.