Will the partying ever end?!?!?!
Yes, unfortunately so :( It sure was nice to eat cake and ice cream on pretty much a daily basis, but I guess some good things must come to an end.
Kevin and I both had our parties shortly after Kobe's. Just small family gatherings, but still fun, fun, fun! The kids always find something to get into---taking pictures, pretending to eat ice cream cartons, sticking fingers in the cake...all kinds of things.
Kobe recently spent a good bit of time away from home. He went camping with Poppa, and then a few days later he left to go to the beach with Nana and Pops. I don't have pictures from the beach trip yet, but i'll post some later if possible. Hannah and I had some girl time while he was gone. So much fun!!! She has learned to make guacamole with me (she likes to see the big seeds in the avocados and mash everything together), so we did that a couple of times. We also played with makeup. What an adventure!!! She did my makeup and I did hers. A bit scary but definitely fun :)
Hmm....thought I could make it through this post without getting tired, but I was very wrong! More tomorrow. Good night :)
------------------
Ok, hopefully I'll get finished without falling asleep this time. Where did I leave off? Umm......I think makeup...
Aren't we beautiful?!?!?! (Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. LOL! I looked interesting, so hopefully the beholders will take it easy on me!!!)
I'm so glad that Hannah's not vain. Ha,ha! At least she took time away from strutting around to pay some attention to my sweet Max :)
I forgot to mention that it's rained tons lately. No problem though, because I love rain and thunderstorms. The kids seemed to enjoy it recently too. We were at Grammy and Grandad's house and all sat on the porch to enjoy the lightning show and downpour. I love when the kids get excited over things like that!
So, I guess I should get back on track....girl time...
One of Hannah's other adventures was playing in the water on her slip and slide.s
Hmm...one more little side trip needed....
Isn't this picture sweet? She was supposed to clean her room but put everything up on the bed instead. A little while later she got in trouble and was apparently exhausted, so we made her go rest. She fell asleep right in the middle of the mess. It's hard to remain frustrated with little ones when they're so precious!
My mom, Hannah, and I went to meet Nana and Pops this past weekend to pick Kobe up from the beach trip. I was so glad to see my little man! (Ok, not so little anymore, but still my baby!) We had to make a couple of bathroom stops along the way, and naturally we had to play on the playground while stopped at Burger King. I've never seen a playground like it....a massive castle! The kids forced my mom and I to play with them :) (I know you're thinking, "sure, likely story", but I'm sticking with it, LOL!)
Finally down to my last thought-----school. Kobe started 3rd grade and Hannah started Pre-K this week. They seem to love their teachers and appear to be having a lot of fun. My children are very active and vocal, so we'll see how long it takes for their teachers to stop loving them. Just kidding! My babies bring so much joy to others. So much, in fact, that it's easy to overlook the few gray hairs and wrinkles that they've caused people :) Day three starts tomorrow and so far we're doing good. Only a few warnings for Kobe to stop talking, and Hannah only got told a couple of times to stop standing up and dancing during nap time. Wow, I love them so much....fun, fun, fun every day!!! Lots of memories.
Oh, by the way...
Hannah somehow became very pregnant within a matter of minutes Monday evening. At least she can still walk in her heels, huh?
I'll end on that note! LOL :)
Posted at 8/09/2010 | |