Well, we survived Kobe's birthday....barely! Just kidding :) It was a lot of fun.
Kobe, Hannah, and I started out our day by going to Hannah's 3-yr-old check up. Everything went well. She was able to answer all of the questions the doctor asked her: what color things were, if she is a girl or boy, what she does when she's hungry---things like that. She was average in weight, but her height was below average. Kobe is tall for his age, so it seems I have one on each end of the spectrum. I just can't seem to get it right, huh?!?! ;)
After the doctor visit, we returned some library books, went by the eye doctor to get Kobe's glasses fixed, and then went to lunch. Kobe chose McDonald's. He and Hannah ate pretty fast so that they could play.
Kobe's friends arrived around 6:00 Friday evening. Everyone was calm to begin with, but boy, did that change! They played outside while Curtis was grilling hamburgers and hotdogs. After supper, they played outside again and then came in for cake, ice cream, and presents.
One of the four boys fell asleep just before midnight. The others had to be separated at 3:15 a.m. so that they would stop running up and down the hall and would go to sleep. They didn't wake up until around 10:15. Breakfast was waiting for them, and I think they were all still half asleep at the table. You can tell by the lost expressions on their faces :) That didn't stop them from stuffing themselves though.
After the party guests left, we rested some and then went to the grandparents' house for another birthday celebration. Kobe's birthday is the day after Nannie's, so we had pie and presents for both of them.
In the week since the party, things have been pretty uneventful. We are leaving for vacation in about 5 hours, so we've spent the week preparing. When I was packing Hannah's bags, we decided to try on some of her swimsuits to make sure they still fit. The one with lady bugs is too cute, but I'm not sure her Daddy is crazy about it. She's only three now, so I'm sure that the teenage years will be fun for him! I told her to smile for a picture. She decided to show an attitued, dance for me, and pose like she was in a pageant (with her chubby belly shining for the whole world to see). Too funny!
Today was pretty busy...working overtime, taking the dog to the kennel, getting last-minute vacation things done. We went to Kevin's birthday party this evening. Have you noticed that we party a lot?!?!? His actual birthday is next week, but we went ahead and celebrated since we'll be out of town.
Kobe decided that he needed to help blow out the candles.
Kevin got some good gifts. A new hat, money, concert tickets...
Hannah was content to play with an empty envelope!
Kobe and Curtis went home after the party. Hannah and I went to visit at my friend Nikki's house. Our group of friends from high school all got together for the July birthdays. I had such a great time! I don't get to see them as much as I'd like to, so it was great to be able to spend some time together and catch up on things. Everyone is either married or engaged now, and about half of us are moms. It's so great to see all of the little ones running around!
Jamie and Mack...
Hannah and me...
Shasta's baby Callie...
Ruthiey with Tana and Callie...
Jamie and Shasta...
Mandi and Beth...
Amber, Amanda and Nikki...
I can't wait until next time we get together. We're thinking about a spa party at the place where Mandi works. Fun, Fun!!!
It'll be at least a week until I do another post. Hopefully we'll have great weather and lots of fun on vacation.
Until next time...
Posted at 7/18/2009 | |