Saturday....I finally got some sleep this morning! Thank goodness :) This has been an exhausting week.
VBS went well, but by mid-week, the kids no longer cared about Bible stories and things like that. They just wanted to RUN, RUN, RUN!!! We definitely got our exercise for the week! You can see what Hannah thought she needed to do during music time. That doesn't look like the motions to "This Little Light of Mine", now does it?
I ended up having to leave early on Wednesday because Hannah was sick. She didn't go to VBS that night due to the fact that she was very fussy and running a fever. Then she decided to give the grandparents a treat by returning all of the food that she had eaten during the day---YUCK! She screamed for her Mama, so of course I had to take her home and pamper her. She ended up falling asleep on the couch. She was so pitiful and it broke my heart, but I think the picture is really cute! Is that wrong of me!?!?!?
I went back to pick Kobe up that night and he had some great news. He said (you'd have to hear him say it...too cute!) that he is getting "bab-ta-tized". I tried telling him how it's actually pronounced, but he didn't seem to catch on, or either he didn't really care. I get a kick out of hearing him say it, so I haven't tried to correct him anymore. As he gets older, there is less that he says in that cute, incorrect way, so I'm trying to hold on to this one!
I was finally able to get a couple of pictures of him this week. Not as many as I had hoped, but I'm sure I'll survive!
Now for a very random thought...(imagine that!)
Sully didn't have his picture on the blog yet, so I figured we needed to take care of that. As you can tell, he thinks he's supposed to shake hands even when getting his picture made. What a sweetheart!
As I said earlier, I actually got some sleep this morning. Curtis and Hannah went and got breakfast, and as much as I love to eat, that didn't even budge me. I slept until mine was cold. Oops!
After breakfast, I did a few things around the house and then we got ready to run some errands. Hannah decided to swipe my camera during that time. She snapped a picture of Kobe asleep again after breakfast. That one actually turned out pretty good, unlike most of the others. She tried though :)
We started out our errands by going to wash the truck. Hannah still isn't quite sure about it. She has to hold Kobe's hand the entire way through. I think he enjoys being the hero for those couple of minutes! Next, we went to Sam's. The kids are thrilled when we go there because they get to eat the food samples. I can't say too much because I liked to do the same thing at that age! We ended our outing by going grocery shopping. That's really dangerous when we all go together because we come home with way more than we need.
After I put up the groceries, the kids and I went to my parents' house. Kobe and Hannah each took Grammy a get well gift. Kobe gave her a craft that he had made at Bible School and Hannah gave her a toy necklace from her room. Grammy looked beautiful in it!
I, of course, had to play with Ramba. She is so cute! She's probably sick of me, but I love her!
The kids decided that Grammy's walker and shower chair were for them. They each had to take turns trying to use the walker, and then they used the shower chair as a place to sit and watch TV.
Hannah found my camera again at my parents' house. She took the picture of Grammy's foot and the picture of me. I've been playing with the photo editing program again, so that's why the picture has a frame around it.
Look at the other things I can do with that program... (OK, so maybe you could care less, but amuse me and look anyway!)
This is the before shot of Hannah. I love that dress, so I had to have a picture of her in it. When I asked her to smile, she said, "No, I want a grumpy picture!". Anyway, back to the before and after...
You can make pictures look like paintings, charcoal drawings, color pencil drawings, all kinds of things. Too much fun! Tell me this isn't precious!!! (I thought I had removed the oval around her, but apparently I'm lacking in photo editing skills.)
I also changed a picture of one of the flowers on a tree in the front yard. It's got the effect of looking like it's on fabric, and of course the color is different.
Before...
After...
Alright, enough of that! One last thing that I forgot---Friday night we went outside after VBS and caught lightning bugs (fire flies, whatever you want to call them). The kids had a great time. They even had the 75-year-old neighbor out there catching them! I think they enjoyed releasing them just as much as catching them. They put the bugs on their arms (and the neighbor's arm) so that they could feel them tickle! I enjoyed catching them too (SHHHH!) ;)
Posted at 6/13/2009 | |