My sweet Sully is precious! He keeps trying to shake my hand, so I'm having a hard time starting this post. I love him :)
Lots of great things since the last post. Kids constantly keep you busy and entertained---never a dull moment around here, but it's so much fun! I don't think I'd ever trade my active, inquisitive children for calm ones (although some days a short break would be nice, LOL).
Hannah and I took Peyton to the Tellus museum the weekend after school started. We had lots of fun and the kids behaved so well. I couldn't have asked for a better day with them. I was really glad that they enjoyed being around each other so much. Kobe was camping with Poppa, so he didn't get to go. I don't think he minded though---he never complains about a couple of days with no little sister to bother him! Hannah and I had some girl time and breakfast at McDonald's before going to the museum.
A few little side trips before getting back to the big events....
Look what was on top of my car a couple of weeks ago! Fun, fun :) I think I loved it just as much as the kids!
And my little frog friend...too cute! He was on the front door when Curtis found him for me.
Kobe has been building with his magnets again. He loves doing that and is really good at it :)
Hannah, Caden and Jack playing in the nursery at church---such sweethearts!
Hannah was apparently really tired after school and fell asleep while reading her book. It looks like her baby must've been pretty tired too!
OK...I think I can get back on track now. I was really bothered by the fact that I had no clue where to tie in those random pictures, so I decided to dedicate a whole little section to them. Brilliant!!! Ha ha, just kidding :)
We went to the Nascar race at Bristol a few weeks back. I loved it!!!!! My first race, and definitely not my last. Who would've ever guessed that I would enjoy Nascar racing....how funny! The cabin we stayed in was very nice. I made friends with the moose (I might have developed a secret crush on him, but don't tell anyone, LOL) Don't you just love him?!?!?!?
Before heading home, we went to the Titanic museum in Pigeon Forge. What a neat place! The grand staircase was my favorite part, but you're not allowed to take pictures inside, so I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with the memory, huh?
Well, I thought I could be tough and stay awake until finished with this post, but I was very wrong. More later...
****************************************************************
I'M BACK!!!!!!! Did you miss me? :)
The kids have developed a love for graves lately. Yes, may sound a little odd, but I have to admit that I like to look at them too. The best place that we've visited around town was Myrtle Hill. The old graves are so neat! We also went to East View to let the kids see where their great-great-grandparents are buried.
Isn't this a great tree? I don't know why, but I love trees that have a lot of personality! They make me smile :)
This past weekend I decided to try to get some pictures of the kids at Berry College. The first attempt failed because there was a race going on there and it was sooooooo crowded. We went to the pow wow at Ridgeferry with my mom instead. The kids enjoyed it for the most part, but got a little tired. The dancing was really neat. Kobe got his face painted and Hannah painted her own face with a blue treat! I thought I'd be smart and sneak a bite of it without letting it touch my lips. It worked great----no blue lips for me. What I failed to think about, however, was my teeth (oops!). Luckily, chewing gum solved my problem!
The second attempt at visiting Berry was successful, thank goodness! I'm stubborn sometimes and was determined to get pictures once I had my mind on it. But, no matter how stubborn we are, we all have to compromise a little sometimes. I figured out pretty quickly that the kids were not going to pose for many pictures. After going through a little disappointment and frustration, we just let them play and have fun. We still got some good pictures----no worries!
Lots of pictures this time! Good night :)
Posted at 9/08/2010 | |