I am typing this tonight as a mature parent who never allows her children to play with their food :)
OK...so maybe that's stretching the truth just a little...
...but cheese sticks can be so much fun!!!
Our weekend didn't consist of too much. Nothing special for the holiday---just the normal routine for the most part.
Hannah had to love on Tennessee before leaving Papa and Mawmaw's house on Thursday. He is the most patient cat I have ever been around. My child can literally drag him around by his neck, and he doesn't do a thing. He just walks away when he's had his fill. I've never seen anything like it!
The kids and I visited my mom Friday. She went to the store with us so that she could get out of the house for a little while. She's able to get around on just one crutch now, so that's good progress. After we got back from the store, the kids played at Grammy's house for a little while.
We took turns climbing the tree...
Hannah had a little help of course.
I think Kobe constantly plots against me when he's got the camera, because somehow, the only picture he took that halfway turned out right was the one where he had convinced me to make a funny face at him ;) He's so precious!!!
That was the highlight of the day Friday. I don't even want to talk about how well my kids behaved for the rest of the day. It's too painful to even think about! (Yes, I know that sounds a little dramatic, but you would think differently if you had been around them!)
Saturday evening we had our "Nascar party" for the night race. The kids love this because they get to eat the worst possible supper ever! We go to the store and buy all kinds of appetizers and finger foods and make a meal of it. YUM :)
After making ourselves miserable by eating WAY TOO MUCH, we played out in the driveway for a little while. The kids really enjoyed that.
Sunday we spent the early part of the afternoon at home, our wonderful moods from Friday and Saturday continuing. Why break the pattern, right?!?!? The later part of the afternoon was spent at my parents' house for our cousin Madison's birthday party.
Hannah played outside with Madison and Peyton (another cousin). Kobe took the opportunity to have some quiet time by watching TV by himself. Emma, Madison's baby sister, was there too, but it seems that I fogot to take her picture. I'll have to do that next time...she's too cute!
Speaking of little ones, Ramba is growing fast.
The kids stayed and played with Grammy and Grandad for a little while after the party. I just served as a chair, punching bag, etc. They each decided that they had to sit on my back, then I was pretty much under attack...
...notice how you can kinda see Hannah holding a basketball in this next picture? Well, she didn't hold it for long. I seems that she felt like my head would be a better place for it. I didn't think it was quite as funny as she and Kobe did :)
That was pretty much it for the weekend.
By the way---aren't these shoes cute? Hannah wasn't too happy about them this morning. She kept telling Kobe, "Help me. They have some fuzz on them. Get it off.". I'm not sure if she ever realized that it was supposed to be there!
I had a great supper tonight. Big Mawmaw (Curtis' grandmother from Mississippi) made biscuits and tomato gravy---MMMM! I learned how to make the tomato gravy, so now I can enjoy it more often. It's always exciting to learn something new, huh?
Kobe's birthday is Friday. I think three of his friends will be spending the night, so I'm sure I'll have much, much more to write about this weekend!
Night, night :)
Posted at 7/06/2009 | |