Wow---already a month since the last post!!! Where is time going? Well...lots to catch up on.
Hannah will be going to Pre-K this year, so we went to an orientation at the school. She got to go on a tour of the school, which ended on the Pre-K playground. I think that was her favorite part.
Mawmaw's birthday was the same day as the orientation, so we went to her house that evening for cake and ice cream. YUM!
Peyton's birthday party was in May also. The kids had a lot of fun playing outside with their cousins.
Hmmm---I think I'm about to fall asleep. I'll have to finish the post later. More to come...
Alright, next night. I think I'm a little more alert now, maybe.
I've had three tadpole rescue missions in the last month. Fun, fun! Our pool looks like a lake, and in order to get it clean, I've been having to remove the millions of tadpoles that took up residence in it. (Ok, so I didn't have to remove them, but I just can't stand the thought of killing all of them....they're already growing legs! It would just be wrong to kill them.) Their new home is the creek at my parents' house---they really like it there...they told me so. Ha,ha! Kevin got drafted to help some. He was such a great sport.
You can't have all work and no play, and the swing was yelling at me to stop by and visit, so guess what....I caved! It was fun though ;) My parents became big kids for a few minutes, too.
Kobe and Hannah have enjoyed playing outside at Grammy and Grandad's house also. Kobe likes to run into the tree while swinging, and Hannah has discovered the sand that they just put out for horseshoes. They won't have sand for long!!!
Kobe got out of school at the end of May. The second graders had a luau to celebrate the last day. I wasn't able to go, but Curtis and Hannah went and joined him. They had a lot of fun. Kobe always enjoys showing off his sister, and Hannah thinks she's all grown up when she gets to play with the big kids. It was a win, win situation for them both.
That weekend, the kids and I traveled to Albany to see Nana and Pops. We had such a great time! Curtis had to work, so he wasn't able to go. It was the first time the kids and I traveled anywhere by ourselves, so it was an adventure. We did fine though. I can't believe I had always been too scared to make the drive....it was so easy.
We started out our trip by going out on a boat. That was a lot of fun! The kids enjoyed getting to play in the water, too. Curtis got a boat recently, so hopefully they'll get to enjoy more time out on the water this summer.
During the course of the weekend, the kids also got to play in the hot tub and they went to Chuck E. Cheese's.
On a completely different subject...Kobe really enjoys drawing and doing other art-related things. A few days ago he decided to draw on tape with a Sharpie and the put it on his face to make a mustache. How funny!
I think that pretty much covers everything up until this weekend. We got the kids signed up for the summer reading program at the library and went to pick strawberries on Saturday. Strawberry picking was tough this weekend---very, very hard to find them! I didn't get any new pictures, but we did take some a couple of weeks ago.
On Sunday we went to church. I love our Sunday School class...look forward to it every week. I had nursery after Sunday School. It was just Hannah and two others in there. They played so well together.
After church, we went home and the kids took a nap. I was lazy for a little while, too. We went to a picnic at the park with my friends from high school Sunday afternoon. It was all of the girls and their families...so much fun! The swings were great also :) Hannah loved getting to swing in my lap, and of course, Kobe had to have a turn also. He's just a little too big for that I think....very painful for me!!!
Well, I think I'm all caught up now. It was back to work today. The kids started VBS tonight, so the week should be pretty fun for them. Curtis has the new boat to play with, so he's really happy. I'll be going on a trip all by myself this weekend, so I have something fun to look forward to also...shopping, facial, massage, spa tub at a B&B----I may never come home!!!! Just kidding ;)
Good night!
Posted at 6/06/2010 | |